Most faculty and staff can change their Federal tax withholding information using Employee Self-Service available on the Wolverine Access gateway.
Faculty and staff who are not a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident CANNOT change Federal tax withholding information.
Unavailable Status - The W-4 Federal Tax Information self service page in Employee Business is unavailable several days a month due to payroll processing. A message on the W-4 Tax Information page will indicate when the page is unavailable.
Homepage: Employee Self-Service > Payroll and Compensation > W-4 Federal Tax Information
NavBar > Navigator > Self Service > Payroll and Compensation > W-4 Federal Tax Information
ProcessThere are two ways to complete the form:
- Use the W-4 Federal Tax Information self service page to complete and submit.
- Follow the instructions given on the page.
- Use the View Instructions links to assist in the completion of the online form.
- Print and complete the Employee's Withholding Certificate from the IRS website.
- Mail or fax the form to the University Payroll Office. See the Contact Information section below for further details.
- Allow up to 15 business days for changes to display and to be used in payroll processing.
Questions? Contact the University Payroll Office:
Phone: 734-615-2000, option 2 or 1-866-647-7657 for toll-free long distance
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Mail: The University of Michigan Payroll Office
G395 Wolverine Tower-Low Rise
3003 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1279