This document provides detailed steps for reporting biweekly time on the Timesheet page. For the detailed steps to report monthly time, refer to Report Your Monthly Time.
The basic steps to report biweekly time are to enter hours or amounts, select the applicable time reporting code(s), then click the Submit button. This document details these steps with screenshots and other important information.
- A time reporting code (TRC) is a three-character code used to designate the type of time associated with your work and off-work hours. A complete list of TRCs is available via a drop-down menu on the Timesheet page. For help determining the appropriate TRCs and/or hours to report, contact your supervisor or departmental timekeeper.
- Biweekly employees must report regular (REG) hours plus any variations from REG (e.g., vacation, sick time, or overtime).
- Some biweekly employees may be required to enter a Combo Code (ShortCode) in addition to hours and TRCs. Only do this if directed to do so by your supervisor.
Check with your departmental timekeeper or supervisor for departmental guidelines on the deadlines of when you should complete your time entry.Information about system deadlines
- In general, biweekly employees must report both their regular time and their variations to regular time by 7:00 p.m. on the Monday of a pay week.
- It is okay to report time as the pay period progresses, although your time approver may not want you to click Submit until the end of the pay period.
- Employees are able to change time reported in a previous time period. Check with your departmental timekeeper or approver to determine if this applies to you.
Wolverine Access Gateway > Faculty & Staff > Employee Self-Service > Time Reporting > Report Time > Timesheet
Report Your Time
- Check to make sure the dates displaying in the Time Reporting Row area are for the appropriate biweekly pay period.
- Enter the hours in the appropriate date fields and select a TRC from the Time Reporting Code drop-down.
- Three rows display initially. To add additional rows, click Add Row . You do not need to delete blank rows before submitting your time.
- After completing your time entry:
- If you want to save your entries without submitting your timesheet for approval, click Save for Later. However, you must return to the timesheet before the end of the pay period to click Submit.
- Click Submit to submit your time for the pay period. If your approver opted to receive approval email notifications, he/she will receive an email. You can make changes and click Submit again if necessary to report more time.
- If you wish to view the Approval Monitor, click the Reported Status.
- If a single approver does not display on the Approval Monitor, click Multiple Approvers to view a list of everyone who can approve your reported time.
- Click Close.
- Click Return to Timesheet.
Make Changes to Your Reported Time
Note: If you need to change the time reported for the current period or for a prior period (up to six prior months), you can do so up to the data entry deadline and submit again.
- As needed, overwrite or delete the hours in existing Time Reporting Rows.
- To delete a row, which includes all hours or amounts for a TRC, click Delete Row .
- For each new TRC, click Add Row and enter appropriate values in the TRC and date fields.
- After changing your reported time, you must click Submit.
Enter Combo Codes (ShortCodes)
Some employees may be required to enter a Combo Code (ShortCode) in addition to hours and TRCs. Only do this if directed to do so by your supervisor.
- Temporary biweekly employees can enter a Combo Code for both their REG and other types of hours.
- Regular biweekly employees should not enter a Combo Code for their REG hours, but can for other hours such as ESA, ONC, or OTP.