You can use the View W-2 Forms page to print a Form W-2 for the year(s) you were employed by the University of Michigan beginning with 2002.
If a change was made to your Form W-2 after it was produced, you cannot print your Form W-2. Instead, you must request a reprinted form from the University Payroll Office by completing the "Request for Copy of a Form W-2" and faxing it to 734-647-3983. This form is available on the Payroll website at: www.finops.umich.edu/payroll/tax
Self-Service > Payroll and Compensation > View W-2 Forms
- If necessary, select (check) the Year-End Forms Consent box to agree to receive your Form W-2 electronically and acknowledge you will not receive a hard-copy of the form via U.S. Mail.
Note: This box only displays during the first two weeks your W-2 is available electronically. You cannot uncheck the box.
- To open your Form W-2, click the Year End Form link to open your Form W-2 in a new browser window. After viewing and/or printing your Form W-2, close the window to return to the View W-2 Forms page.
- If applicable, click the Filing Instructions link to open a notice to employees and filing instructions for your tax return in a new browser window. Close the window to return to the View W-2 Forms page.
- To view a Form W-2 for a different tax year, click the View a Different Tax Year link, then click the Tax Year link, and then click the Year End Form link.
Browser and Software Requirements
- Pop-up windows must be enabled to print the Form W-2. Generally, most pop-up blockers can be turned off either within the browser toolbar, or within the Windows Taskbar along the bottom right corner of your screen. For detailed instructions, refer to: How to Disable Popup Blockers.
- If you are using Safari, you may need to use Preview to print your form without cropping the right side. Right-click (or CTRL+click) on the form and select Open with Preview. Then select File > Print.
- You must have Adobe Reader version 7.0.5 or higher installed to be able to view and print your W-2 form. You can download the latest version of Adobe Reader from the Adobe website. You may need to contact your system administrator to complete the installation.
- If you receive an Adobe PDF Document error message that indicates "The Adobe Acrobat/Reader that is running cannot be used to view PDF files in a web browser...," see the Adobe website for potential solutions and step-by-step instructions.
- Web Browser and Desktop Operating System Support
Related Help Topics
Questions? Contact the University Payroll Office:
Phone: 5-2000, option 2, from the Ann Arbor Campus, 734-615-2000, option 2, from the local Ann Arbor area, or 1-866-647-7657 for toll-free long distance
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Mail: The University of Michigan Payroll Office
G395 Wolverine Tower-Low Rise
3003 South State Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1279
Flint Campus employees, contact the UHR - Flint Service Team: